3 STEPS TO GET CREDENTIALED
Licensing & ordination with The River is a simple 3-step process
- Each application is considered individually or as couples by the Credential Committee.
- All questions on the application must be completed before it will be presented to the Elders for consideration.
- All recommendation applications (one pastoral, two personal) must be submitted before the interview will be scheduled. It is your responsibility to follow up with your references, ensuring that they complete and mail in the completed forms in a timely manner.
- Failure to present a completed application may result in delay in approval and processing of the credential applied for.
All applicants for credentialed ministry shall meet with and be approved by “A River” credentials interview prior to issue of credentials. The River Elders or Appointed Representatives of the Elders will conduct an oral interview and examine the candidate upon the following points:
- The genuineness of their Christian experience
- The reality of their divine call to the ministry
- The sufficiency of their spiritual, moral, emotional, and social maturity.
- The sufficiency and correctness of their understanding of Bible content and doctrine
- The adequacy of their preparation and practical abilities
- The acceptability of his knowledge of and allegiance to “The River’s” policies and programs.
- The individual(s) conducting the interview will make notes on the process and forward those along with their recommendation to The River office.
- Once the interview is completed and all forms and financial obligations are completed, the applicant will be presented to the River Elders for review.
- The applicant will be notified by phone and /or e-mail as to the Elders decision.
- If approved, Certificate of Approval, Acceptance Letter and other communications will be completed.
LICENSING & ORDINATION
Individual - $405.00 / year
Couples - $540.00 / year
Due once credentialing is approved. (First year prorated based upon approval date.)